Design Engineers with a resolve to perform
Are you looking for a challenge?
Do you want to do demanding engineering in a multidisciplinary team?
Would you like to lead design teams or improve as a mechanical engineer?
Steerprop is looking for two designers to join our growing team of azimuth propulsion experts. As a designer you will work in the Product Management team, which is responsible for defining and managing products, delivery projects and R&D in mechanical engineering.
Chief Design Engineer, Product Management
As a Chief Design Engineer you will
- design new products or improve existing ones
- lead larger engineering projects
- manage performance, scope, and timetables of demanding engineering projects.
We expect you to have
- at least three years of experience in machine design
- a track record of successful engineering work
- a good understanding of material strength, bearings, shafting and mechanical engineering in general
- experience in marine or heavy industry (preferred, but not required).
Design Engineer, Product Management
As a Design Engineer you will
- be a contributing part of our engineering teams
- independently lead smaller engineering projects
- develop your engineering skills.
We expect you to have
- a recent degree in engineering or a few years of experience in mechanical engineering
- basic knowledge of machine design
- strong skills in using 3D design software
- a can-do attitude and a willingness to learn.
Teamwork in an international working community
Your job will consist of close collaborative teamwork with your colleagues from different departments, which requires fluent spoken and written English skills.
Your position can be located at any one of our facilities in either Rauma, Jyväskylä or Vantaa, Finland. Remote working possibilities can also be discussed.
How to apply?
For further information, please contact Manager, Product Management Janne Martikainen at +358 40 861 9101 / janne.martikainen(at)steerprop.com.
Please send your confidential application with your salary request and CV by July 31, 2021 to steerprop(at)steerprop.com.
The position will be filled as soon as the best applicant with a resolve to perform has been identified.